Legrand CRM's QuickBooks Integration THE Best Available!
Issue 4.19 May 17, 2005
While there is a detailed “How It Works” document available directly from Legrand CRM, this is our brief summary of what information is available from QuickBooks from within Legrand using the Accounting module.
The QuickBooks information is available from two different Accounting tabs with the Company.
The top (or upper) tab is available to all users even if they do not have access to the QuickBooks data base and/or the accounting module. The only requirement is that one user have the module, the data base is then updated for the others. That means that this information will only be as accurate as the “updated on” date on that tab. For users with access to the QuickBooks data file and who possess a licensed copy of the Accounting Module, the information will be updated in real time.
The bottom (or lower) tab is only for use by licensed users of the Accounting module. From the sales history, if the QuickBooks data file is open, it is possible to double click on the transactions to drill down into QuickBooks to see them.
In addition to the typical CRM feature of transferring the contact and company information, Legrand CRM takes integration much further.
On the top (or upper) tab:
• It is possible to manually enter the ID from QuickBooks or break the link
• The Sales summary for this month, this fiscal year, and last fiscal year are based on the cash or accrual preference as set in QuickBooks so the information is consistent between the two software programs
• The credit limit and notes are extracted from the customer list in QuickBooks for easy access in Legrand CRM even when the link to the QuickBooks data file is not present
• The payments outstanding use the same aging preference based on transaction date or due date
On the bottom (or lower) tab:
• The choices for transaction periods are – 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, 12 months, or all
• The choices for the transaction type are posted (includes invoices, sales receipts, and credit memos) or non-posted (estimates and sales orders)
How it can work for you:
McWilliams & Associates is proud to announce our relationship with LegrandCRM. We are anxious for you to try this product and let us know what you think. To download an evaluation copy, please enter McWilliams & Associates, Inc. in the dealer section.
Many small businesses need a CRM product and although most market that they work with QuickBooks, few really do in a meaningful way. LegrandCRM is the exception to that rule. We have spent many hours working directly with their developers to help them truly understand what the small business QuickBooks user needs and wants: true integration. This integration is required in a software program that is quick and easy to learn and use in under 30 minutes. They have heard our plea and provided a solution! Contact Us to learn more.
LegrandCRM integrates with QuickBooks Pro and Premier versions 2004 and 2005 plus Enterprise Solution version 4 and 5. It supports the USA, Canada, UK, and Australia editions of QuickBooks.
As a resource for this and other questions, submit a question via "Ask the Expert" or attend our free monthly discussion forum tele-class.
Bonnie J. Nagayama, CPA (925-247-0100) has been featured by Intuit in their QuickBooks Advisor Spotlight and frequently teaches and consults on using QuickBooks to its maximum advantage. For a FREE weekly newsletter of QuickBooks tips and tricks, plus many free and low cost QuickBooks resources visit www.accountingsoftwaresecrets.com.
No other CRM, at any price, has the QuickBooks functionality "out of the box" that can compare with Legrand CRM.
Return to Newsletter Archive